Whether you are moving interstate or just to a different place within your current city, this is never something to look forward to. Moving is considered one of the biggest life challenges!!
From de-cluttering your house to packing all your belongings in an organized way, these processes can be very daunting especially if you are moving longer distances .
The last thing you would ever want to happen to you on the moving day is being faced with a house full of piles and piles of boxes you don’t have an idea what they contain. This is why we are here to help you avoid going through the headache of misplaced, damaged, or lost items.
Follow through for the top 7 moving home tips.
1. Plan Ahead One of the best things about planning ahead is that it helps you avoid rushes on your moving day. If you have moved before then you know that there is always far more to be done than an average person can. This is why it’s always important to start organizing yourself or even starts packing weeks before your moving day. Another good thing about planning ahead is that it will help you inform your friends earlier if you will need their help during that day.
2. Get Your Supplies In order to have an easier time packing, you need to have all your supplies early enough. This way, you will have saved yourself from the trouble of running here and there looking for things like scissors and tapes. Some of the essential supplies that you should have at your disposal include boxes, various tapes, bubble wraps, fillers, labels of different sizes, markers, and scissors.
3. begin with the Rooms you Don’t Use everyday The best way to de-clutter your home is to start with the rooms that you don’t use every day. These include your spare bedroom, garden shade, and your garage. One of the most important tips to remember is packing one room at a time. This enables you to carefully go through all your items and ensure that none is neglected.
4. Sell old stuff While de-cluttering your rooms, it’s advisable to keep aside the items that are old or those that you won’t need any longer. After all, the more items you will carry the more stressful your moving process will be. You can donate these items if you are feeling generous or even sell them and make some additional money. Hosting a car boot sale can be a much quicker and fun way to sell them.
5. Label your boxes To help you recognize the contents of your boxes much easier, label them with markers. It is advisable to write on the boxes sides as opposed to their tops. It makes it easier to read them even when they are stacked up together. Therefore, get yourself a permanent marker and label all your boxes, not only using terms like kitchen and bedroom, but also using more specific terms like cleaning products. When loading your boxes, always remember to never exceed 30 pounds for every single box. Overloading boxes might get you an injury on your back or one of the boxes might be unable to support the weight.
6. Have a Survival Box: To prevent the situation where you need something on your moving day but is not able to get it, pack a special survival box. Here is where you will place all the things that you will need primarily and those that are essential. These include paper towels, cutlery, bin bags, kettle, coffee, sugar, milk, paperwork, toys, beddings, and toiletries. By doing that, you will have all the essential items at hand when you finally arrive in your new home.
7. Hire a container One of the best ways to make your whole moving process easier is by hiring container removals. I know that you will argue that hiring a van and getting your friends to help is cost effective but you will be surprised when you get a bit of overflow storage. Hiring container removals ensures that you take with you totally everything, including the stuff that you thought you will never take with you. It also ensures that all your goods are kept in one place securely. Conclusion Although moving is a stressful and tough experience, with these tips it will be very easy getting into your new home. Once there, remember to update your address and move around a little to get acquainted with your new surroundings. If you are looking for a specialist interstate removalist company to help you move, call You Pack Removals on 1300 882 112 .