Four weeks to go before your moving house day approaches
- Read our Moving House Checklist to get acquainted with your obligations prior to your move
- Book in your Do It Yourself (DIY) Removals move with You Pack Removals™
- Invest in a labelling machine. It’s a great tool for DIY packing
- Make sure you clearly label boxes by room.
- Look at whether you still use some things – if not, throw them out.
- Start packing all the things you do not often use.
- Start using all the stockpiled food in the freezer.
Two Weeks To Go
Redirect your mail to your new house. Ask for a change of address request from any post office.
Start changing your address with your bank, superannuation, insurance companies and any other company that sends you mail on a regular basis.
- Organise your phone and internet - disconnect the one at your old address and set up the one for your new address. This is especially important when moving interstate.
- Make sure your insurance will cover you on moving day. If not contact You Pack Removals™ for a quote.
One Week To Go
- Return your rented DVD’s and library books.
- Get rid of things you don’t need. Dispose of out of date food, cleaning products and medication.
- Swap or cancel anything you have done on a regular basis, such as cleaning, gardening, newspaper or magazine delivery.
- Send pets to stay with friends, Many dogs have been lost on moving day.
- Make sure you have not packed anything you may need during the move, eg your wallet, mobile phone, keys, cleaning goods, bags for rubbish and toilet paper. Put the things you will need on your first night, such as towels, sheets, pillows and some clothes, in an easily accessible box.
Moving house doesn’t need to be difficult or traumatic – with our Moving House Checklist, you can enjoy your journey to your new house. Our DIY Removals system allows you freedom so that you can take a moment to savour the thrill of moving town or interstate. It is one of life’s great adventures after all!