With You Pack Removals™ tailored DIY Removals system, we promise that wherever your move takes you in Australia you are guaranteed to save more than if you went with any other interstate removals company in Australia it’s as simple as that!
BUT WHAT ABOUT PACKAGING?
Proper packing is the most important step in safely transporting your belongings. That’s why we have collected a list of clever packing techniques, how-to’s, and specific step-by-step instructions on properly wrapping and packing your goods especially those that require a little special attention.
Using this guide to assist you during a do-it-yourself packing experience, and with our complimentary packing blankets and ties, plus You Pack Removals™ expertise, you can pack your entire home in your DIY container just like the professionals.
NOTE: We also can sell you additional packing supplies if you need them. Start your move now by clicking here. It’s easy and affordable to move with us.
SO WHERE TO START? SEE OUR CLEVER PACKING TIPS
Firstly it’s always a good idea to start packing your belongings into boxes prior to your container arriving. Make sure all boxes are clearly labelled with their contents, the room they came from, and the room they are going to. Have a consistent labelling system on all boxes and let others who are helping know your system.
Once you’re ready to move we have a few Packing and Loading Tips that will help you on your day.
STEP 1. PRIOR TO THE FURNITURE CONTAINER ARRIVING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR PACKING MATERIAL.
We’ve found a few clever packing tricks that will save you space and shave hours off your packing time.
- Tissue paper
- Packing paper (plain newsprint, or butcher paper)
- 2 inch packing tape
- Heavy duty masking tape
- A stanley knife
- Permanent markers
- Professional quality boxes
Take a look at our packing materials page here. Package Material. EXPERT TIP: Use packing materials that you already have such as old newspapers and magazines, butchers paper, socks, scarves, towels, pillowcases and clothes.
STEP 2. PUT ALL YOUR ITEMS IN CATEGORIES, LABEL BOXES, CREATE AN INVENTORY LIST, AND DECIDE WHAT WILL MOVE WITH YOU AND WHAT WILL STAY BEHIND. IT WILL BE A LOT EASY TO PACK IF YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO GO IN WHAT ORDER.
And Follow a timetable: Allow yourself enough time to pack. First pack items you won’t need right away, such as articles stored in the garage, or roof cubby, and then pack things you’ll use right up to moving day last.
- Mark the room the box is to go in and the contents of the carton
- Mark boxes with a broad, felt-tipped permanent marker, or labeller.
- List the contents of each carton on the side of the box
- Put a special mark on cartons you want to unpack first at your new residence, or simply pack them last in the container.
STEP 3. THE ACTUAL PACKING!
- Pack all your small items in larger boxes and larger items in smaller boxes.
- Always pack heavier items at the bottom of the box.
- Lighter goods can be top loaded but be wary of fragile items. If any furniture pieces can be disassembled or collapsed, then do so prior to packing. The container should be packed end to end.
- Each end of the container should be blocked by a covered mattress; and containers should be packed in stages with bigger items to be used to secure and prevent movement.
- This will help to avoid any movement of your goods.
- Make sure there is plenty of cushioning in the box, and fill any holes with padded paper.
- Remove all drawers from shelves, wall units, dressing tables and fill securely with wrapped items.
The drawers can then be re-inserted once the larger pieces of furniture is loaded into the container. Make sure drawers are then secured to avoid movement. This process is then reversed when unpacking.
- Wrap all fragile, breakable items in paper before packing them in boxes
- Use only sturdy cartons that can be easily closed and tape top seams securely
- Label boxes clearly with the name of the room where the box should go in your new home and a description of the contents
- When packing a large screen TV, plasma TV and other electronics: carefully pack them in a sturdy carton that has been lined with bubble wrap and blankets. You Pack Removals can also sell you a TV / Plasma Box with inserts and straps if needed.
- Glassware should be covered with at least two sheets of wrapping paper.
- Fragile items should then be placed in between clothing boxes then packed into the container using packing blankets (supplied by us) to protect furniture.
- Lastly, pack the container so the weight is evenly distributed end to end, and secure items with the container using the packing straps supplied. All containers are modified with tie rails and tie points through-out.
- Pack plates by using paper plates between them, and pack them vertically like records as they are less likely to break.
- Roll up clothing, rather than folding them as this will save you 30% more space even better vacuum pack them.
- Any turntable equipment should be locked by the appropriate mechanism. This will prevent damage to the drive system.
- Paintings and prints should be covered by collapsed cardboard boxes. Use the boxes on each side and tape together. Choose a safe place to pack in the container to avoid damage.
- WARNING: When packing your container, precautions should be taken with any heat sensitive items. Always empty fuel tanks in items such as lawn mowers, chainsaws, out board engines etc. No flammable items can be transported
We supply packing blankets and ties with every container, and we can supply additional packing material at an additional cost.
And that’s it folks. But remember a plan is only as good as those who see it through. Our Interstate removal tips are very simple, and we’re there every step of the way if you get stuck but not to the masking tape.
If that does happen feel free to contact a You Pack Removals specialist today.
Moving is always an exciting and sometimes stressful time for families and businesses, but with You Pack Removals™ we’ll make your relocation an adventure without the hassles!
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE TODAY – EXPERIENCE THE YOU PACK WAY!
Start your move now by clicking the GET A QUOTE button at the top or bottom of the screen. It’s easy and affordable to move with us.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check our FAQ section, jump onto our blog, or call us on 1300 882 112, and a You Pack Removals™ self pack container removals specialist will provide you with all the information you need.