Moving interstate is not easy, especially when you are dealing with a removalist who doesn’t have much experience and expertise in doing long distance moves. Unfortunately, if you choose someone who falls in that category then there is no end for the problems you need to deal with.
Here I would like to discuss about one of the customers who availed our service last week. After we successfully moved her family to their new home on time , she was very happy and shared a story that happened in her close family. One of her relatives had hired an interstate removals company in the past , and the kind of trauma they have undergone was horrifying. Being an elderly couple their situation got much worse, as the removals company didn’t have any clue about what they were doing and they fell behind the given delivery date. This led the couple having to look and pay for temporary accommodation till their furniture arrived, and it wasn’t in there budget, but they arranged a place and stayed there till the container arrived. But the worst part was , after the container got delivered they found out that some of their furniture was broken and missing.
The reason for sharing this story was just to educate people about the measures you need to take whilst choosing a efficient interstate removals company.
Steps you need to follow while choosing a right self pack interstate removalist .
- Enquire how long the removal company has been in business & moving people interstate.
- Ask if they are affiliated with any Australian moving bodies and their area of specialisation
- Check if they have presence in the place where you are moving from and moving to.
- Most of the regular Interstate removalists don’t offer moving insurance , we recommend you to go with someone who covers your furniture shipment and ask how much they are insured for.
- Check for the certificate of insurance.
- Find out if they provide packing material for your to pack and store
- We suggest you choose a self pack removals expert if you are trying to save money on your move and also have full control on the process.
- Also check if they provide flexible storage options for you during the move if required.
- Most of the companies wont let you have a full track on your move , ask for any contact person or removals coordinator who can guide throughout.
- Some of the companies provide moving blankets during your move for no cost , while some of the companies charge for this.
- Find out about their moving process , for instance some companies like You Pack Removals will allow you to take more than a week to pack your goods in to container and this applies for unpacking too.
- Ask for a clear estimate about the container size you need to go for , usually this depends on the number of bedrooms and the amount of furniture you have. If you are unclear about this you can use the moving calculator to calculate your furniture .
For any further questions you may have please don’t hesitate to contact us and happy moving!